We ate at a restaurant this week…accompanied by our 3 small sons. Need I say more. And yet I will. It was not our idea. One of our counselors wanted to take us out to lunch. He is 22 and had never eaten at a restaurant with 3 boys ages 5 and under. We had the privilege of educating him. The boys were happy and energetic, only one temper tantrum but they did spill 2 classes of water before we’d even ordered our food. And to finish off the day, when they went potty with The Hunky Hubby, sweet boy #1 tromped back into the eating area with a scowl and a large wet spot on his shorts. Apparently sweet boy #2 had been holding a grudge since earlier when sweet boy #1 accidentally peed on him. At the earliest opportunity he took his vengeance and squirted sweet boy #1, on purpose, in the restaurants restroom. Hmmmmm.
Sweet boy #3 swallowed a pointy staple in our church nursery (which is in the hallway of our town’s middle school). But he is fine. No terrible abdominal pain or blood in his stools. So he got the ok from Dr. Kolde.
Last week the summer staff went out to pizza for their naming ceremony. Literally in the blink of an eye sweet boy #3 and the cook’s little grandson disappeared. I spent 5 desperate seconds looking for them before I spied them in the men’s restroom. I sprinted in just in time to see sweet boy #3 scoop up some water from the toilet with his little hand and raise it daintily to his lips for a drink. I swooped him up, washed him, and gave him a bunch of breath mints. But really there is no way to sanitize one’s child from such an overwhelming assault of germs. Hopefully he wont contract hepatitis A.
Sweet Boy #1–“Mama said tidy them up.”
Sweet Boy #2–“Tumble them up?”
Sweet Boy #1–“No, Tidy them up.”
And finally an announcement. I have officially given up any hope of locating all of my marbles. I was looking for socks or something in the top drawer of my dresser. But lo and behold I found something else nestled amongst the clean undies. A wet diaper. Yes indeed, I must have been wandering around on my way to deposit the diaper in our trash receptacle, stopped by my dresser for some unknown purpose and accidentally mistook it for the garbage. Things are going downhill fast. Much much too fast.