This week I spent three days getting my partial ready to send off to the editor who requested it at the writer’s conference. I hadn’t even glanced at this manuscript for a year, so I reread the first four chapters and polished a bit before e-mailing it off. Now I wait until 3 months from now when etiquette dictates that I can send a small polite e-mail nagging him about whether he has read it or not. I also continued on with my word search edit. Namely, I looked up every time I used the phrases:
and took out as many of them as I could, only leaving what was absolutely necessary. I had no idea how much I used “There is” during this story. I was quite daunting to see, but felt good to trim the excess out.