This week I totally cut apart my opening scene. I pasted the first few pages into a blank document and started the whole thing a few pages forward and inserted bits from the old beginning into the story and completely messed everything up…but I love it! I think it fixes problems that have been bothering me for over a year. Then I finished fixing my character’s many concussion scenes by doing online research and giving her the terrible symptoms that I discovered. Then I went back and changed the history of the mysterious artifact that shows up in the modern day story. I made a cool back story for it and placed it within the main ancient Assyrian story. Finally, I critiqued a couple of chapters for Jenn.
I promise you a crazed animal, a concussion, and a kiss in every single book...you're welcome!