A good writing week, with the exception of one morning stymied by an alarm malfunction. My alarm has had so many of these confusing illnesses that I had the Hunky Hubby pick me up a new one…but more about that on Wednesday. My goal this week was to finish up making my manuscript match my lovely six page synopsis. Just small changes here and there, having my main character insult someone important, fleshing out my hero’s character, making my heroine’s home more difficult for her to imagine losing, leaving readers with a sense of malevolence concerning a certain Mayan artifact…. Things like that. So now I have a good solid query letter, a one page synopsis and a six page synopsis that actually match my story and my manuscript has grown by several hundred words. I had the word count down to almost 90,000 words but then after all of my fixes I ended up with 380 word too many. So I began a cutting revision, which backfired and I ended up adding even more stuff. I’ll continue cutting next week and hopefully I can get it below the dreaded 90,000 word mark.
I promise you a crazed animal, a concussion, and a kiss in every single book...you're welcome!