The Harrowing/Heartwarming Parent Moment of the Week

This was a big week for Sweet Boy#3. First of all he was looking at some random package and read, on his own, the word “no”. Then he was looking at the Hunky Hubbies book and said, “Is that ark?” And the word was indeed ark. So my baby boy has officially read two words.

Then Sweet Boy#3 went in for his vaccinations and got a terrible infection from the needle prick. It was a local infection, not an allergic reaction and they pulled all the needles out of sterile bags and swabbed down his arms, but once in awhile the Dr. said that people still get a skin infection from having an injection. Imagine how perilous life is for drug addicts and insulin dependant diabetics? Anyway, when I got home from volunteering at the older boys school, The Hunky Hubby directed me to Sweet Boy#3’s arm which was completely red, swollen, and hot. Had to take him in and get antibiotics.

Sweet Boy#3–Dumps out a box of packing peanuts repeatedly.

But the winner this week…
I catch Sweet Boy#1 just a half a second before he sticks a butter knife into the toaster to retrieve his toaster strudel! Now I have given them the “Don’t ever touch the toaster” lecture before. I have even given them the “Electricity might shoot through your body and quite possibly stop your heart” lecture…but he forgot. He got another, more strongly worded lecture, with perhaps a bit too much gory description from the CPR class I took in collage. Perhaps this one will stick.

Man I love those boys. They are definitely giving me wrinkles though.

Kristen

I promise you a crazed animal, a concussion, and a kiss in every single book...you're welcome!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.