I finally did it! Finally finally I finished creating a climax at the end of Daughter of the Decoy King which ends my polishing and expanding spree, for the moment. I got my word count over 53,000 words only to realize that I needed to cut out the last 2,000 words of the story and send them over to the second book. Which put me back down to 51,000ish words. But that is fine as it makes for a far better ending and the other book needed the words anyway. Now I’m sending chapters to my marvelous critique partner Crystal and quite possibly to the ever discerning Rolana as well. As I wait for feedback, it is on to book#2 and my quest to expand the word count from 48,000 words to something respectable and above 50,000.